Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mind.In.A.Box - R.E.T.R.O. [2010]


Released: February 26, 2010

R.E.T.R.O. is a bit of a weird album for The Box and to be honest, it caught me by surprise when I first heard it. Not having heard anything about its release, I expected it to be the usual storyline affair but I was treated to an album that essentially served as a time machine. R.E.T.R.O. takes you back to the days of Commodore 64 with all of its glitchy and bleepy goodness. If you're anything like me, this album may take a few listens to get used to, but I believe it is well worth the wait. My only real issue with R.E.T.R.O. is that there are a few too many instrumental tracks. Any Box fan will tell you that the vocals are what make the act truly amazing but regardless, there are still plenty of tracks with vocals that can be enjoyed.

Try it

No comments:

Post a Comment