Sunday, June 12, 2011

Covenant - Modern Ruin [2011]


Release Date: January 14, 2011

Call me a picky bastard, but good EBM is rare these days. I still listen to a lot of it, but there's never an album in which I can conclude that all the songs, let alone most of them, are solid. Recently it's been a pick and choose kind of thing where I keep my favourite songs from an album and discard the rest. And when Covenant released Modern Ruin I thought it would be the same old routine, but they really suprised me. Modern Ruin is easily one of the most solid EBM releases I've heard this year and given their great reputation in the EBM community I suppose I should not have been surprised. However, they too have never released an album I've enjoyed back to front but Modern Ruin comes darn close.

Try it

No comments:

Post a Comment